The Birth Of My Pictures

by - January 16, 2011

Sooo I finally done this post. It's a tedious job. Appreciate!


PS, I'll be deleting my archives here soon. I can't stand how I blog in the past (young once don't laugh at me kthxbyai).


Got requests hence I'm trying my best to fulfill them!


So in summary:
Before 2008: filter gallery
2008-2010: Years of horrible editing. I believe there's only 30% is real (hmm doesn't apply to all). 
2010: Used webcam. The camera is too lousy to capture any imperfections. so reduce editing pictures
2010: Hardly fix anything/minimum at least. 





1. Always edit: Levels/color/lighting

As of how to you can check youtube or websites.



What I do to each part

Eyebrows
Before: Neaten them, darken them.
Now: Don't bother, trim them and fill them in with eyebrow pencil. Cheap and good one is Maybelline. I'm using the one in Grey. I usually draw my arch lower, Korean brows are in now and they look nicer. 


Eyes
1. Pupils
Before: Bloat even after lens
Now: Wear 14.5mm! Enough already. Except for certain angles, dont know why.

 With lens

W/o lens

2. Eye liner and lashes
Before: Draw in/darken for line and photoshop brush for lashes
Now: USE EYELINER FOR TOP, CARBON FOR BOTTOM. COAT 1 LAYER Of MASCARA. A good one would be maybelline pink tube one. (there's a hello kitty edition for it). I don't own one but I used it before. It's like the cheapest one that served well.

w/o a good line = weird eyes


Basically, make up. For shadows you can choose pearl/shimmer. Just to bring some light to your eye area.

4. puffy/dark eye rings (still fighting this)
Before: Make picture extra bright
Now: Regular sleep + concealer. Worse case? color them by ps.

5. Open your eyes bigger
(LOL)


Nose+Jawline
Before: Massive shrinking
Now: Would liquify when required.
Slim down = smaller nose + cheek
And and and do not dig your nose hahaha.
Take pictures from the right angle!
Drain the excess water (Youtube it if you don't know how)

Wrong angle + FU expression



Acne
Before: Cover them
Now: Still cover them


Do not: 
1. take pictures under direct light or you would end up like this:

Bright nose = fat nose


But make sure it isn't too dark or you would end up like this:

Dark like armpits


Instead, stand a 2~3m away from light source. Natural lighting is the best!

 Use your fringe to create a little shadow so your eyes look bigger (eyes dilate in the dark)



2. not smile. (that is must smile)


3. blink 
Half-opened/closed eyes are turn-off. No amount of editing can save you. Unless this:

4. Use lousy camera!
Although cant capture imperfections but they ain't as pretty as pictures taken by DSLR/semi-pro.
*credits to LT and WL*




5. Take pictures when there is horrible lightings. (esp orange!)




Then you don't have to edit anymore! 
Have a good base to work with, something like that.


I hope now you all get it. :D



PS, The actual photos are in facebook. Some are pretty well-taken. Unless I uploaded them via computer, it will be untouched.
PS/S, in case you're wondering why I edited the pictures we took yesterday, that is because everyone got fat and MU sucks that day. 


Gonna do the post tyx asked to write, soon. I need to gather information and test some stuff out.

You May Also Like

0 Comments